UNSPOILT OMAN: EXPLORING THE WADI AL ARBEIEEN IN A 4X4 VEHICLE
Sightseen, Active & adventurous, Less than 1 hour walking, Free of guide, Protected Experience - Bubble Tours, 53
An adventurous excursion to discover extraordinary landscapes, high rocky mountains and luxuriant oasis: astonishing natural environment with places and villages that seem to have been left almost untouched by time.
- Mountain landscapes in a wealth of colours
- The Wadi Al Arbeieen with its luxuriant vegetation
- Small lakes and natural swimming pools formed by the river
- Water bashing in the 4x4 vehicle (if possible)
- Natural pools
- Canyon and lunar landscapes formed by volcanic rocks
- The Wadi Dayqah
- We set off from Muscat in our 4x4 vehicles and head for the Wadi Al Arbeieen. After just a few kilometres, we already find ourselves immersed in an almost lunar landscape where we are bewildered and captivated by mountains with a surreal appearance in a wealth of colours.
- We leave the tarmacked road and drive along an off-road trail to the Wadi Al Arbeieen, a magnificent canyon with high sides and lush vegetation where the river has created incredibly transparent blue-green lakes and pools, begging to be photographed.
- Near the Wadi we also visit a typical Omani village where the simple rhythms of daily life have not been affected by modernity: its inhabitants are always polite and welcoming and the wonderful children approach us with their disarming smiles.
- At the end of our visit to the village we return to our 4x4 adventure, experiencing the excitement of 'water bashing' (fording the stream), which is not difficult but great fun.
- Next, we head for a place where those wishing to swim can do so, surrounded by a natural amphitheatre of rare beauty and immersed in an imposing natural environment.
- At the end of this relaxing break we travel along an off-road trail where we can admire breathtaking scenery: narrow canyons alternate with lunar landscapes characterized by volcanic rocks with colours ranging from grey to red and from lava black to ochre pink.
- We then arrive at the village of Mazara, with the ancient ruins of its castle that dominate the surrounding valley.
- We continue towards the Wadi Dayqah where a dam forms a magnificent lake completely surrounded by the mountains.
- During the return journey we travel a few more kilometres off-road: the excitement and intense memories of the tour will stay with us for days to come.
Good to know
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Guests must be in good physical health.
- This excursion is not recommended to guests with mobility problems, with back or neck problems.
- Visitors should be dressed appropriately according to the culture of the country being visited.
- This excursion involves a ride of about 4 hours on an asphalt track and off road onboard a safari style jeep.
- This excursion does not feature a guide, the driver will provide information in English.
- Places are limited, so please reserve early.
- Minors under the age of 4 cannot participate in the excursion.
- Pregnant woman can not participate.
- The capacity of each jeep is 4 people, therefore they will be shared with other guests.
- We cannot garantee the places on the same jeeps to families.
- It is not possible to carry strollers inside the jeeps.
- This tour includes a basket lunch to be consumed on the jeep.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to safeguard your health and comply with regulations and the safety protocol.