THE SPECTACULAR COAST OF HOSOSHIMA
Naturalistisk tur, Kulturel, Lunch not included
A thrilling excursion dedicated to breathtaking scenery along the coast surrounding Hososhima passing by a lovely Shinto shrine perched on a cliff which enchants us by the force of nature capable of creating scenery of such an irresistible force.
What we will see
- Omi Shinto shrine overlooking the sea
- Scenic Kurusu-no-Umi cliff
- Umagase cliff: a spectacular crevice along the coast
- Breathtaking views of the ocean
- Stop for shopping in a souvenir shop
What we will do
- The first stop on our excursion is the Omi Shinto shrine dedicated to goddess Amaterasu. The temple is small but its location is well worth a visit: it is perched on a cliff dropping into the sea and offers amazing views.
- We then move on to the scenic Kurusu-no-Umi cliff, a rocky coastal stretch characterised by a peculiar cross shape due to the effect of erosion: from the belvedere, we can see the four stretches of blue sea merging through the cliff - a truly unique spectacle.
- Our next destination is the Umagase cliff, a deep narrow inlet flanked by vertical rocky faces 70 metres high. The waves crashing onto the rocks offer an extraordinary spectacle generating powerful spurs of water.
- If we reach the end of the crevice with Umagase behind us, we can enjoy breathtaking vies of the ocean and of the coast, the perfect opportunity to take amazing pictures.
- We end our excursion with a spot of shopping in a local store where we can find some lovely souvenirs to take home with us.
What you need to know
- There is limited availability of guides that speak English and other European languages.