AN AFTERNOON TO DISCOVER ABU DHABI
Panorama, PasseparTour, Culture, 5
In a nutshell Futuristic projects, great sports passions and a panoramic tour of the city: an excursion to discover the past and the future of a continually evolving city.
Good to know
- Saadiyat Island
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
- Panoramic tour of Abu Dhabi
- Louvre Museum (photo stop)
- Shopping at the Marina Mall
- The futuristic 'ABU DHABI 2030' town planning project has launched a cultural evolution, which is making huge strides each year. Our tour sets out to discover the future projects as it travels along the great 27 km motorway crossing that links Abu Dhabi to Saadiyat Island, the so-called island of happiness, Where the newly opened Louvre museum is located.
- Our tour continues in
the direction of the most well-known attraction in Abu Dhabi: the Sheikh
Zayed Grand Mosque, one of the largest mosques in the world and the largest
in the Arab Emirates. Not only will we come into direct contact with the
fascinating culture of Islam, we will also be able to appreciate the new
technologies and techniques used to build it. Here is located also the Tomb
of the founder of UAE “Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan”.
- The tour continues with the city of Abu Dhabi, driving towards another architecture icon of hospitality like Emirates Palace, a drive around of it until reaching the impressive skyline just before we go for shopping at the Marina mall, which is entirely build on a man made Island.
Good to know
- Places are limited, so please reserve early.
- Visitors should be dressed appropriately according to the culture of the country being visited, entry to the Mosque is not permitted if the dress code is not respected. Regulations forsee that ladies visiting the Mosque should have their heads covered by a scarf or a pashmina and to be wearing clothing with long sleeves covering until their wrists and a long dress until their ankles. Please avoid wearing shorts or sun dresses without sleeves and tight fitted clothing. Men entering the Mosque need to be wearing long trousers and shirts with short or long sleeves. Please avoid to wear shirts without sleeves or vest type tops. It is necessary to remove shoes to enter the Mosque. Visible tattoos must be covered. Guests must follow this regulation in order to be able to enter the Mosque.
- Guests are not allowed to take a photo of the tomb of Sheikh Zayed.