EXPERIENCE - HIGHLIGHTS OF MUSCAT AND BARKHA
The longest tour, Discovery & taste, Culture & local gems, Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly, Certified guide, 50
In a nutshell
Good to know
A panoramic excursion to the discovery of the beauties of Muscat and Barkha.
- Al-Alam Palace (external visit)
- Bait Al Zubair museum
- The Corniche coast road
- Muttrah Souk
- Buffet lunch at the Al Nahda Resort
- Barkha Fort
- Nakhal Springs
- Leaving the port of Mina Qaboos we travel alongside the majestic Al-Alam palace, the official residence of Sultan Qaboos, situated in the heart of historic Muscat and adorned with columns decorated in gold and blue with arches, majolica tiles and carvings.
- We then head for the Bait Al Zubair museum, built in 1914 as a private residence and inaugurated as a museum in 1998 for the purposes of displaying and rediscovering Oman's cultural heritage.
- We continue along the Corniche to visit the Muttrah souk (the old market), a blend of history and modernity surrounded by magnificent merchants' houses dating back to the 18th century. Here we have some free time for shopping before arrive at the Al Nahda Resort on the coast of Batinah for a buffet lunch.
- In the afternoon we visit the fort Barkha and the Nakhal springs before returning to the ship.
Good to know
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Guests must abide by appropriate dress, modest, no revealing or see-though clothing.
- Visitors should be dressed appropriately according to the culture of the country being visited.
- This excursion is not recommended to guests with mobility problems.
- Space is limited, so please reserve in advance.
- The coach ride between Muscat and Nahkal takes about 2 hours each way.
- The site of Nakhl Spring is very slippery. It is suggested to wear proper shoes.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to safeguard your health and comply with regulations and the safety protocol.