Culture & local gems, MyExploration, Passepartour, Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly, Certified guide
Dubai, the second largest of the seven emirates, is an extraordinary blend of East and West, a rich potpourri of eastern charm and western modernity ready to be discovered on this fascinating tour
- Burj Al Arab (photo stop)
- Jumeirah Mosque (photo stop)
- Al Bastakiya
- Abra boat ride
- Spice Souk
- Gold Souk
- The first stop on our tour takes us outside the famous Burj Al Arab hotel, where we can take incredible photos of its distinctive sail-shaped structure.
- We then board the coach again and head for the Jumeirah mosque, a stunning example of Islamic architecture that we can immortalise in unforgettable photos.
- In complete contrast with what we have just seen, our coach then takes us to the Al Bastakiya district, an area that has preserved the historic heritage of the time when oil was first struck. The walls of the houses still enclose charming gardens where we can still catch a glimpse of decorations which once lavishly adorned them. The most intriguing part of these places is the presence of so-called barjeel towers: wind towers that rise above the rooftops channelling wind to the gardens and rooms below for cooling. These towers have become a symbol of the district.
- We then leave our coach to cross the distinctive Dubai Creek on an abra, a wooden boat used as a kind of river taxi, to visit the spice market.
- Our last stop will be the immense Gold Souk where we can find exquisite pieces of jewellery cheaper than anywhere else in the world.
Good to know
- This excursion is not recommended to guests with mobility problems.
- Places are limited, so please reserve early.
- We recommend wearing clothing is that is suitable for the culture of a Muslim country.
- We inform our guests that on the 2nd day of Dubai all the excursions will leave early in the morning between 7 and 8 am.
- The excursion may take place in the morning or in the afternoon.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to safeguard your health and comply with regulations and the safety protocol.