THE TEMPLES OF PHUKET (PM)
Panorama, Culture, Meal included
The island of Phuket has a rich religious heritage characterised by extremely different temples and sanctuaries which create a fascinating architectural contrast for us to admire.
What we will see
- Jui Tui Chinese temple
- Wat Phra Thong Buddhist temple
- Sightseeing tour of the west coast
- Promthep Cape
- Chalong Temple
- Break for shopping
What we will do
- Our excursion begins at Wat Jui Tui, a typically Chinese sacred temple with an architectural style that is notably different from the Thai style and constantly attracts believers, eager to have their future predicted.
- We will then visit Wat Phra Thong, a Buddhist temple where we can admire the famous half-buried golden state of Buddha.
- Our excursion will continue with a sightseeing tour of the coast as we travel along the charming road that runs along the west coast. We will pass the amazing beaches of Kamala, Patong, Kata and Karon before arriving at the southern tip of the island.
- We will stop at Promthep Cape where we can take some stunning photos and admire the views of the surrounding islands, the marvellous Nai Harn beach and the windmills.
- Our final visit takes us to Wat Chalong, Phuket's most famous temple, which according to the Thai people, protects the island from evil. Inside, there are bronze depictions of three famous monks who are highly respected by the inhabitants of Phuket: Luang Por Chaem, Luang Por Kleam and Luang Por Chuang.
- Before heading back, we will have some time to do a little shopping and purchase some local arts and crafts, pewter items, wooden sculptures, Thai silks, pearls and semi-precious stones.
What you need to know
- Comfortable shoes and clothing that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- Footwear must be removed and socks must be worn to enter the temple.
- Do not forget to bring insect repellent with you.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Part of the excursion will take place in the evening.
- Afternoon departure.