THE PEARLS OF PHUKET AND A FOLKLORE SHOW
Panorama, PasseparTour, Culture, Shopping
This tour includes a sightseeing tour of the island, trips to Phuket's major attractions, the magnificent views from Promthep Cape and a spectacular folklore show within the Thai village
What we will see
- Promthep Cape
- Wat Chaiyathararam
- Phuket Thai Village
- Folklore show
What we will do
- Our fascinating excursion begins from a privileged viewpoint: Promthep Cape, the most southern rocky promontory on the island which goes out into the sea offering a spectacular view of the almost perfect crescent-shaped beach of Nai Harn.
- After a short journey, we will visit one of the island's most loved temples, Wat Chaiyathararam or Wat Chalong. Inside, there are depictions of the three famous monks, who, according to tradition, had supernatural powers. Inside, we will also find the statue of Luang Pho Cham, the abbot, who in 1876, during the reign of Rama V, helped put down the rebellion led by Chinese labourers, known as Angyeee.
- Not far from the Buddhist temple, we will find Phuket Thai Village for enjoying a traditional folklore show, which presents local traditions and customs.
- Lastly, before returning to the ship, it is possible to spend some time in the local shops to buy souvenirs, handicrafts, local products, pearls and rocks.
What you need to know
- Clothing that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- You must remove footwear and wear socks to enter the Temple. Legs and shoulders must be covered.
- We recommend bringing insect repellent.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.?