DISCOVERY: COLOMBO, BETWEEN PRESENT AND PAST
PasseparTour, Culture, Shopping
The perfect excursion for those wishing to sample the city of Colombo's main attractions, including the historic and cultural heritage.
What we will see
- Pettah Bazar
- Cinnamon Gardens
- St. Lucia's Cathedral (photo stop)
- Buddhist Temple of Asokaramaya
- National Museum of Colombo (exterior)
- Viharamahadevi Park
- City Hall Building (exterior)
- Seema Malakaya (photo stop)
- Fort area
What we will do
- We leave the coach and embark on a scenic tour of Pettah Bazar, taking a break to take photos at the Cinnamon Gardens.
- The tour will continue to St. Lucia's Cathedral and we will also visit the Buddhist Temple of Asokaramaya (interior).
- We will stop at the City Hall and the National Museum of Colombo (visit of the exterior). Subsequently, we will pass by Viharamahadevi Park.
- The tour will take us to Lakmedura, where we will have the opportunity to buy splendid artisan products.
- We will then return to the coach and head towards the area of Fort, and take a pleasant walk around the colonial style buildings.
What you need to know
- When visiting the Buddhist Temple of Asokaramaya, you must remove your shoes and wear socks.
- In order to take photos or film videos within the temple, you must purchase the necessary tickets.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended: shoulder and knees must be covered.
- This excursion is not recommended to guests with mobility problems.