NIZWA AND THE FORT OF JABRIN
Panorama, Nature, Culture, Shopping, Meal included
In a nutshell An evocative visit to the city of Nizwa and Oman's most beautiful fort.
Good to know
- The Nizwa area
- Jabrin Fort
- Lunch at the Falaj Hotel
- Nizwa Fort
- Nizwa Souk
- We will leave the port of Mina Qaboos and after a journey of approximately two and a half hours we will arrive in Nizwa, a city in the country's hinterland that was once its historic capital. From here we go to Jabrin Fort, probably the most beautiful and picturesque fort in the whole of Oman. Built in 1670 under the Yoruba dynasty, a period of peace and prosperity, it is a majestic example of defensive architecture with many interesting artefacts preserved inside, as well as everyday objects of the time.
- At the end of the visit we will have lunch at the Falaj Daris Hotel.
- In the afternoon we visit the majestic Nizwa Fort. Built in 1668, in addition to being the oldest in Oman it is also the most visited monument in the country. The enormous round central watchtower with a diameter of 45 metres which took 30 years to build is particularly impressive. From the top of the tower we can enjoy a magnificent view of the city, the mosque and the mountains that surround Nizwa.
- At the end of our visit to the fort, we head to Nizwa's souk (the old market) where we find locally crafted items such as silverware, copperware and fabrics.
- At the end of the excursion we return to the port of Muscat.
Good to know
- Guests must abide by appropriate dress code, modest, no revealing or see-though clothing.
- Visitors should be dressed appropriately according to the culture of the country being visited.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- This excursion is not recommended to guests with mobility problems.
- Places are limited, so please reserve in advance.
- The bus ride between Muscat and Nizwa takes about 2,5 hours each way.