DISCOVERING MAGICAL FLORIANÓPOLIS
In a nutshell Let’s be charmed by Florianopolis, capital of the Santa Catarina region famous for its natural beauty, amazing beaches, wonderful historic city centre and water sports.
Good to know
- Colombo Sales bridge
- Ercílio Luz bridge
- Praça XV de Novembro
- Palácio do Governo
- Praça da Alfândega
- Mercado Público
- Buffet lunch
- Lagoa da Conceição
- Praia da Joaquina
- After disembarking in Porto Belo, a coach takes us to Florianópolis, capital of the state of Santa Catarina renowned for its natural beauty and quality of life.
- We cross the Colombo Sales bridge to reach the isle of Santa Catarina and enjoy the postcard view of the Ercílio Luz bridge, built in 1926.
- We visit the heart of the city with the beautiful Praça XV de Novembro, its shaded promenades and a centuries-old fig tree, the Cathedral, Palácio do Governo and Praça da Alfândega, location of the Mercado Público, built in 1898 in the traditional Azorean style.
- We stop for a buffet lunch in a welcoming fully air-conditioned restaurant.
- After lunch, we pass by various parts of the city to reach the famous Lagoa da Conceição, offering lovely panoramic views of the region.
- Before heading back, we have some free time on Praia da Joaquina, world famous for its surfing championships.
Good to know
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- Do not forget to bring swimwear, a towel and sun cream.
- Free time in Jurere instead of Praia da Joaquina in January.