A NIGHT TO REMEMBER AMONG THE SOUNDS AND FLAVOURS OF SALVADOR
In a nutshell Pelourinho, a colonial-era complex located in the charming old town of Salvador, is an explosion of joy with live music and typical dances and where locals and tourists mix to create a unique atmosphere which we can discover on this excursion. It also gives us the chance to try some local delicacies!
Good to know
- The Show’s place and restaurant
- Buffet dinner with typical local dishes
- Folkloristic show
- We leave the port and head towards Pelourinho, a lively colonial-era neighbourhood with monuments, bars and restaurants where we can observe the everyday life of the locals.
- We arrive at a restaurant located in a majestic Baroque building dating back to colonial times and once the headquarters of the first postal service in Brazil. We are welcomed by a lovely buffet dinner with local dishes, a display of Bahian cuisine with a regional menu and tropical fruit desserts.
- After dinner, there is a folkloristic show with typical Brazilian costumes, music and dancing performed by'Panteon dos Orixás'. We can admire the Maculelê fight-dance, Puxada de rede, a cultural show describing the life of Brazilian fishermen, Capoeira, the traditional dance originating from slave fights accompanied by a berimbau solo (instrument of Angolan origin), Samba de roda and Sambão baiano.
- Before heading back to the ship, we will stroll around Pelourinho, a Unesco World Heritage Site, and discover the magic of Bahian nights while admiring its lovely restored buildings.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- The excursion involves walking; we therefore recommend you wear comfortable shoes.
- The restaurant is not air conditioned.
- This excursion does not include a guide.