HARBOUR BRIDGE CLIMB
In a nutshell A thrilling yet safe climb of the iconic Harbour Bridge, built in 1932 - the perfect excursion for our most adventurous guests.
Good to know
- Harbour Bridge
- 1500 metre walk
- 360° views of the bay and city
- We walk from the port and head towards Harbour Bridge.
- We reach our destination and, once there, get ready to climb the bridge. We are handed a special uniform, communication equipment and a harness that will be attached to a static line for the entire duration of the climb.
- The walk is 1500 metres long and develops along catwalks, ladders, and arches during a 3-hour climb. There is a handrail along most of the bridge to make the climb easier.
- The top is 130 metres high and offers amazing 360° views over the bay and city.
Good to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Minimum age: 10 years.
- You need to be physically fit to take part in this excursion.
- A paying adult must be present for every two participants under the age of 16.
- We recommend that you do not drink alcohol before climbing; participants will be subjected to a breathalyser test to check that the level of alcohol in the blood is under 0.05%. The tour is prohibited to those with a blood alcohol level which exceeds this limit.
- Each guest must fill in a release of liability form and meet the terms and conditions governing participation.
- It would be sensible to consider any disturbances which could potentially affect your ability to tackle stairs and steep gradients safely.
- We recommend wearing flat shoes, preferably with a rubber sole as it is possible they will get wet. We do not recommend wearing shoes with PVC or leather soles.
- Participants must wear a special suit over clothing.
- Lockers are available in which to store objects which cannot be taken onto the bridge (e.g. cameras and video cameras).
- Although the climb is available to pregnant woman up until the end of their second trimester (week twenty-four) who have no pregnancy-related issues, we ask that you consult your doctor and fill in a certificate of good health before tackling the journey.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.