HIKING IN THE TROPICAL FOREST
Sightseen, Less than 1 hour walking
In a nutshell A wonderful refreshing and reinvigorating walk in Martinique's tropical forest, to discover the multicoloured flowers that are typical of this fantastic Caribbean island.
Good to know
- Fontaine Didier
- Absalon Village
- Tropical forest with different plant species
- Absalon Cascade
- We leave the port of Fort de France, the administrative capital of Martinique, behind us and proceed by minivan to Fontaine Didier, the starting point of our walk.
- We walk towards the village of Absalon embraced by an aura of peace in thetropical forest, where we have the opportunity to listen to the birds singing and admire the different species of plants, including mahogany, ferns, balisier flowers and other tropical flowers.
- During the excursion we are overwhelmed by the luscious vegetation and the small cascades located close to Absalon, where our excursion ends and where we can have a little rest near a small stream.
- At the end of the excursion, our minivan takes us back to the port.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Minimum age: 10 years.
- The excursion is challenging and includes long stretches on foot for a total time of approximately 2 hours, so participants must be in good physical shape.
- You must wear long or short trousers and closed shoes.
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- The excursion is reserved for guests who do not disembark at Martinique.