TOUR TO DISCOVER THE ISLAND OF CURAÇAO
Sightseen, Culture & local gems , Less than 1 hour walking, 51
A thrilling tour to discover the main sights of the Curaçao countryside and the city of Willemstad to get to know and appreciate its history, nature and typical products such as the Blue Curaçao liqueur.
- Curaçao Museum
- Hato Caves
- Landhaus Chobolobo distillery: sampling of Blue Curaçao liqueur
- Queen Juliana bridge
- We leave the port behind us to discover three of the main sights of the Curaçao countryside and city of Willemstad: the Curaçao Museum, opened in 1948 and displaying a collection of contemporary paintings from local and international artists as well as a reconstruction of life on the island during the 19th century; the spectacular Hato Caves filled with fossils, stalactites, stalagmites and crystal-clear water pools generated by geological phenomena that took place hundreds of years ago as well as with 1500-year-old petroglyphs, underground waterfalls and natural pools and, last but not least, Landhaus Chobolobo, a famous distillery where we will sample Blue Curaçao rum.
- We then cross Queen Juliana bridge overlooking both banks of the natural port of St. Ana Bay and offering spectacular views of the capital. It is a four lane road bridge across St. Anna Bay named after Queen Juliana of the Netherlands. It weighs 3,400 tons and reaches a height of approximately 56 metres at its apex.
- We can then choose whether to stay behind in the city or continue and head back to the ship.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- We recommend wearing comfortable trekking shoes. *The order of the walking and coach excursions may be switched.
- During the tour, the guide will provide information in English only.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- We recommend bringing insect repellent with you.