KAYAK ADVENTURE IN CURAÇAO
Active & adventurous, Less than 1 hour walking, 51
In a nutshell
Good to know
A thrilling kayak experience to discover Curaçao, its most picturesque places and elegant quarters and an adrenaline-filled adventure to test our skills.
- Jan Sofat district
- Queen Juliana bridge
- Jan Thiel
- Spanish Water Bay
- Storm Plas
- Stop at Barbara Beach
- We start our excursion driving through picturesque scenery headed to Jan Sofat, one of the most typical and luxurious residential quarters in Willemstad.
- We then cross Queen Juliana bridge, a suspended bridge offering magnificent views over the capital and picturesque city centre districts of Punda and Otrobanda. It is a four lane road bridge across St. Anna Bay named after Queen Juliana of the Netherlands. It weighs 3,400 tons and reaches a height of approximately 56 metres at its apex.
- We continue with Salinja, the second-largest urban area in Curaçao east of the capital. With its many shops, bars and restaurants, it is the main shopping district on the island.
- We then move on to Jan Thiel, a luxury residential area famous also for its amazing beach.
- We finally reach Jan Sofat, where we will be given the information necessary to manoeuvre our kayaks.
- As we paddle through the Spanish Water Bay (named after the fact that the Spanish landed here when they first arrived in Curaçao), our guide illustrates the marvels that surround us and answers our questions.
- We head towards Barbara Beach but face our hardest yet most adrenaline-filled challenge yet: we need to cross Storm Plas, where outgoing and incoming fluxes meet.
- We reach Barbara Beach with the feeling of having conquered something truly extraordinary. We enjoy a peaceful break on this amazing beach as well as a swim in the crystal-clear waters of the Caribbean Sea.
- After this revitalising break, we get back on our kayak and head back to the starting point.
Good to know
- All participants are given a paddle and must help manoeuvre the kayak.
- During the kayak trip it is mandatory to wear a life jacket, no exceptions.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- You need to be physically fit to take part in this excursion.