A PERFECT DAY TO EXPLORE SAINT THOMAS
Giro turistico, Naturalistisk tur, Badning
Everything you wish to see, and should see in Saint Thomas in a single excursion with all the minutest details organised to a tee. A myriad of beaches, spectacular panoramas of the other islands, historic sites and extraordinary shopping opportunities.
What we will see
- Skyline Drive
- The port of Charlotte Amalie
- Panoramic view of the Caribbean Sea
- Panoramic view of the British Virgin Islands
- Magen's Bay
- Drake's Seat
- Blackbeard's Castle and the Kongens (King's) Quarter
- Historic sites dating back to the late 17th century
- Colonial houses
- The Rum Museum
- The ruins of Pedersen Estate
- The 99 steps
- The Amber Museum
What we will do
- The excursion starts with a panoramic tour along the Skyline Drive with breathtaking views of the port of Charlotte Amalie, the Caribbean Sea the British Virgin Islands and Magen's Bay, which is considered by many travel magazines to be one of the 10 most beautiful beaches in the world.
- When we reach Drake's Seat, a vista point overlooking Drake's passage, the channel which Sir Francis Drake sailed through way back in 1585, and from where the famous English captain and corsair watched Spanish ships with an eye to ransack them for Queen and country, we dedicate some time to take pictures of the magnificent view before we proceed on our descent to Magen's Bay, the heart shaped beach with crystal clear waters where we stop for two hours of sun, sea and fun.
- Next we continue with a visit to Blackbeard's Castle and the Kongens (King's) Quarter to relive the days of maritime commerce in the town of Charlotte Amalie, which was once part of the Danish West Indies.
- We learn something about the history of this island of merchants, pirates and slaves by visiting the historic sites that date back to the late 17th century; we visit the refurbished colonial houses, the Rum Museum and the ruins of Pedersen Estate, all in 5 acres of a tropical area, but only after we have relaxed and had a swim in one of the 3 magnificent swimming pools (changing rooms available).
- When we reach the top of Government Hill having climbed the famous 99 steps (actually there are 103 steps which were built using bricks that were used as ship's ballast), we come to the Amber Museum, a unique place with the largest amber waterfall in the world formed by more than 12,000 pieces of amber from all over the world.
- After our visit to the Amber Museum it is time to explore the shopping potential of St. Thomas. At the end of the day, before we return to the ship, we take a Harbour Safari, a short port cruise, for the final part of the excursion.
What you need to know
- This excursion will be guided by the driver in English.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Various departures from the centre to the Harbor Safari port are planned.
- View the shopping map to get to the departure dock.
- Changing rooms are available on this excursion; parasols and sunbeds are instead not included.