BOAT TRIP ON THE CHAVON RIVER
In a nutshell
Good to know
A boat trip on the waters of the Chavón River which bestows splendid views and an interesting stop in the charming little town of Altos de Chavón.
- Chavón River: panoramic tour by boat
- Altos de Chavón
- At the international port of Casa de Campo, we will hop on board a coach that takes us to the banks of the Chavón River.
- Here, we will hop on board aboat which takes us on a panoramic tour along the river; the beauty of these places saw that they were chosen as the backdrop for the cinematic masterpiece,'Apocalypse Now'.
- Before returning to the ship, we will stop in Altos de Chavón, a magical reproduction of a 16th Century Mediterranean village constructed by local artisans in 1976 as envisaged by Charles Bluhdorn and designed by the Italian, Roberto Copa. Passing by the typical cobbled roads, we can admire this unique village and enjoy the breathtaking view of the Chavón river.
- At the end of our excursion, the tender will accompany us directly on board our ship.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This tour is not recommended for guests who suffer from sea sickness and those who have mobility problems.
- This excursion includes many walks along cobbled roads.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- The itinerary may be subject to change without compromising the programmed visits.
- The distance from the boat mooring place to the bus is approximately a 10 minute journey on foot.
- The boat journey from the ship to La Romana dock takes around 90 minutes each way.
- There is limited availability of English speaking guides.