AMSTERDAM CITY TOUR AND CANAL CRUISE
Sightseen, Culture & local gems , Less than 1 hour walking
In a nutshell Short itinerary featuring the major landmarks in the Dutch capital, with the added attraction of an unmissable cruise along its typical canals to admire the charm of this 'Venice of the North' from the water. We will see the splendid buildings and magnificent monuments that enhance Amsterdam and we will find out more about its history.
Good to know
- Boat tour of Amsterdam: Skinny Bridge, Western Church
- Panoramic tour of Amsterdam by coach
- The first part of this brief but fascinating itinerary, which offers an array of Amsterdam's beautiful sights, takes us on a charming sightseeing boat tour along the many canals that form the city's unique structure.
- As we sail along, we admire all the wonders that pass before our eyes from our privileged viewpoint. We will have to be careful not to miss even a detail of the characteristic, tall narrow buildings which line the canals, with the typical gables, each one different from the next, and the numerous bridges in all shapes and sizes that appear on the horizon. Skinny Bridge (Magere brug) is the most famous in the city: a wooden drawbridge over the River Amstel from which Amsterdam takes its name.
- From the water, we also see one of the city's icons appear before us: the bell tower of the Western Church (Westerkerk), the oldest in the city is almost 90 metres high.
- After the boat tour, another pleasant itinerary awaits us, this time on our coach which will cross the city, showing us the main points of interest.
- Beside the Royal Palace lies the 14th-century New Church, used today as an exhibition hall and for the Dutch royal family's wedding celebrations and investiture ceremonies.
- Another of Amsterdam's many towers stands out on our journey, the Mint Tower, built in the 1620s in Renaissance style on the ruins of the ancient medieval walls dating back to the late 15th century. A short distance away, we will also see the vibrant Flower market, the only floating flower market in the world and a popular tourist attraction.
- We will travel slightly out of the centre and head towards the south of the city where we will pass the magnificent Museum Square (Museumplein). You will be amazed by this vast, tree-lined square which lies at the end of a huge, well-kept urban park surrounded by elegant period buildings and some of the most important buildings in the city: the Rijksmuseum, the Van Gogh Museum, the Stedelijk and the Concertgebouw, one of the most esteemed auditoriums in the world for its incredible acoustics.
Good to know
- Places are limited, so please reserve early.
- This excursion is reserved for guests who do not disembark in Ijmuiden.