PANORAMIC TOUR OF HAMBURG (ends at the airport)
Sightseen, Designed for families, Culture & local gems, Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly
In a nutshell A comprehensive panoramic tour of the vibrant city of Hamburg, the largest port in Germany.
Good to know
- Lake Alster
- Renaissance City Hall and Stock Exchange Buildings
- Modern part of the city
- St. Michael's Church
- This fantastic tour will give us the opportunity to discover the vibrant city of Hamburg, the second largest metropolis in Germany after the capital, Berlin.
- Our panoramic tour winds its way past the main points of interest in the city. First of all, our route runs alongside the Lake formed by the River Alster in the city centre, and then crosses the residential districts and the Jungfernstieg, the famous fashion street, lined with luxury boutiques and shopping malls.
- We drive past the Renaissance buildings of the City Hall and Stock Exchange and venture into the more modern part of the city, with its parks and gardens, the television tower, 19th century buildings and much more.
- Weather and traffic permitting, we will have the opportunity to leave the coach and make a few photo stops.
- Our next stop will be a visit of the exterior of St. Michael's Church, affectionately known as Michel by the inhabitants of Hamburg; this is one of the main Protestant churches in the city, and one of the most important architectural structures in Germany.
- Our tour ends in the Krameramtsstuben area, a complex of 5 buildings, built between 1620 and 1676 by the merchants' guild to provide homes for traders' widows. They are well preserved and give us an idea of what life was like at the beginning of the 18th century.
- Afterwards our coach will bring you to Hamburg airport.
Good to know
- This excursion is reserved for guests whose flights from Hamburg airport depart after 4.00 p.m.