AFTERNOON EXCURSION FROM THE OLD CITY TO THE ICE BAR
Culture, Drink included
An exceptional afternoon excursion to discover the characteristic landscapes of Stockholm's old town, its cobbled streets and historic residences, and a highly original visit to the world's first Ice Bar, immersed in an enchanting setting, to sip vodka from a glass made of ice.
What we will see
- Gamla Stan
- Mårten Trotzigs gränd
- Stortorget and the Stock Exchange Building
- Ice Bar
What we will do
- The first part of this original itinerary in the magnificent city of Stockholm is an enjoyable walk through the centre to the Gamla Stan district, the beating heart of the historic city that dates bath to the 13th century.
- Here we'll be struck by the contrast between the small, characteristic cobbled streets that wind between elegant historic buildings and picturesque squares, and the majestic and imposing Royal Palace that suddenly appears on the horizon.
- When exploring these streets it's easy to imagine you have travelled back in time to a medieval city, thanks to their historic monuments of international renown.
- In a constant game of contrasts, we'll investigate the entrance to the narrowest street in Stockholm, just 90 cm wide and with 36 steps, known as Mårten Trotzigs gränd, then visit the fascinating main square of Gamla Stan, as majestic as it is elegant, around which the city developed back in the 1300s: Stortorget, or the Big Square, home among others to the Stock Exchange Building, the headquarters of the Nobel Museum and the Swedish Academy.
- At the end of this pleasant walk through the characteristic old city it is time to continue to the next stage of our excursion, and a highly curious one at that. Returning to the coach we head towards the more modern part of the city and stop at the Nordic Sea Hotel, home to the world's first permanent Ice Bar.
- An icy adventure awaits us in an extraordinary atmosphere with a temperature of minus 7 degrees every day of the year.
- An exceptional atmosphere demands exceptional furnishings: all of the bar's interior furnishings, including the glasses in which the drinks are served, are made of pure ice from the source of the river Torne in northern Sweden.
- In order to make this unforgettable experience as enjoyable as possible, each guest is provided with a warm blanket and gloves before sampling the typical local vodka.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- The minimum age for consuming alcoholic beverages at the Ice Bar is 18.