Sightseen, Designed for families, Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly
This excursion takes us to the woody island of Troms, and specifically to Tromsø, referred to by many as "the capital of the Arctic" or the "Paris of the North", a university centre that has a rich history and is characterized by a variety of architectural styles blending old and new. It is surrounded by a breathtaking landscape of islands, fjords and mountains.
- University Museum
- Tromsø Bridge
- Arctic Cathedral
- Free time for shopping.
- The excursion takes us to the beautiful island of Troms, famous for its forests and enchanting scenery, and in particular to Tromsø, often referred to as the "capital of the Arctic" and the "Paris of the North".
- The first stop of our visit is the University Museum, which is renowned for Geology, Geography, Botany and the fascinating Sami culture.
- We then cross the Tromsø bridge and head for the Arctic Cathedral, which we will view from the outside. This splendid cathedral has an ultra modern architectural style and a shape that recalls a Sami tent, or indeed the tip of an iceberg.
- Before going back on board we have some free time that we can dedicate to shopping for souvenirs from the far north.
Good to know
- In case of inclement weather appropriate clothing is recommended.
- The itinerary may be subject to change.