Panorama, PasseparTour, Nature
An entire day to spend amidst the wonders of nature Norway has to offer: the Briksdalen glacier. As we venture into the mountains, the surrounding landscapes and majestic glacier will leave us spellbound.
What we will see
- Lake Floen
- Lake Olden
- Briksdalen Glacier
- Stop at Briksdal Inn
What we will do
- We begin our excursion from the village of Olden, nestling at the head of the Innvikfjord, an arm of the Nordfjord. A pleasant village at the estuary of the River Oldeeva, surrounded by towering mountains, superb waterfalls and several glaciers, Olden is a popular resort for both residents and tourists alike.
- We continue by coach along the banks of two marvellous lakes: Lake Floen waiting for us with its delightful, little, red church and the very beautiful, long, narrow Lake Olden, one of the most admired in Norway.
- Wecome to the far end, Rustøen, where the wide, fertile, upper valley is spangled with multi-coloured farms. Our first excursion begins at the Briksdal Inn and we'll be walking up a spectacular, winding road, which carries us on to the shoulder of the mountain and will test our abilities Panoramic views of cascading waterfalls and enchanting mountain landscapes open up throughout our journey.
- The path ends near the lake, from where we can enjoy the magnificent view of the Briksdalen glacier rising majestically behind us. Surrounded by trees, high peaks and waterfalls, this is 'just' an arm of the larger Jostedalsbreen.
- We set off down the slope back to theBriksdal Inn, where we can have a break before returning to our starting point.
- At the end of our excursion it's back on board the coach to return to the quay.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- The excursion involves some walking, so we recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.