SIGHTS OF GEIRANGER
Sightseen, Designed for families, Passepartour, Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly
In a nutshell
Good to know
A full immersion in the unspoilt nature of Geirangerfjord, protected site by UNESCO, admiring the best of Western-Norway and a breathtaking views of mountains, waterfalls, fjords and valleys.
- Village of Geiranger
- Scenic view of the village and the Geirangerfjord
- Lake Djupvatn and Dalsnibba Mountain: mountains, glaciers, waterfalls and lakes
- Djupvasshytta: free time
- Our tour begins in the pleasant village of Geiranger and will continue to the top of the mountain along the extremely steep Geiranger road.
- During the journey, we stop to enjoy a marvellous scenic view of the village of Geiranger below, the famous fjord and surrounding mountains. Verdant and unspoilt countryside as far as the eye can see.
- We continue on to Lake Djupvatn, then take the road to the top of Dalsnibba Mountain (1,500 m).
- If there is enough time, we can again enjoy a view of the breathtaking landscape of mountains, glaciers, waterfalls and lakes.
- We make a stop at Djupvasshytta, where we will have some free time to go looking for souvenirs and take photos of the lake to take home as lovely memories.
Good to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- For safety reasons, if the road to Mount Dalsnibba is closed or covered by snow, an alternative panoramic view point will be suggested depending on weather conditions.