HIGH END KAYAKING
Active & adventurous, Less than 1 hour walking
In a nutshell
Good to know
Discover the Geirangerfjord paddling in the true heart of the norwegian fjords, one of the most beautiful and suggestive places of Scandinavia.
- Geirangerfjord: breathtaking scenery and clifftop farms
- The Geirangerfjord is described as the most beautiful fjord in the world: we will set off on a kayak journey surrounded by magnificent and striking mountains, which, with their steep faces, reach heights of up to 1,500 metres.
- Grip those paddles and away we go: we will admire the breathtaking scenery and the farms perched on their rocky outcrops. According to local folklore, farmers would tie ropes to their children and animals to prevent them from falling from the high walls of rock. We will skim the waters and breathe in the extremely fresh air of the fjord: what better way to feel the strength and greatness of mother nature in person than on a kayak tour?
- Our kayak will follow the outline of the basin, which curves between two tower-shaped mountains. It is a magical and majestic place at any time of the year.
- After admiring the verdant nature and the striking rock formations of the fjord, we will set off on the return journey, during which our guide will tell us the history of Geiranger and its population.
Good to know
- You must be physically fit to take part in this excursion and not suffer from back pain.
- You must be able to swim.
- No prior kayak experience is required.
- The excursion includes a 5 minute walk to the kayak platform, where participants will receive safety instructions and information on how to paddle.
- Minimum age for the kayak excursion with an adult: 12 yrs.
- Maximum weight: 120 kg.
- Maximum height: 190 cm.
- It is recommended that you only bring personal belongings which are strictly necessary; belongings will be left in a locked local office.
- Guests under 18 years must have the waiver signed by an adult (parent or guardian).