RIB-BOAT SAFARI THROUGH ÅLESUND
A real safari through Ålesund on a rigid inflatable boat, to admire the breathtaking scenery and discover the countless species of birds and animals that inhabit these spectacular places.
What we will see
- Coast of Ålesund
- Runde Island
- Local fauna: birds, seals
What we will do
- After donning our life jackets and listening to some safety information, we will leave the port on a rigid inflatable boat (RIB) to fully enjoy the waters off the coast of Ålesund.
- If the weather is good and it is not very windy, we can visit Runde Island, famous for the huge number of birds there. Situated 67 km south-west of Ålesund and connected to the mainland via a bridge, the island is home to over half a million seabirds of 230 different species, including 100,000 puffins and 50,000 pairs of kittiwakes, as well as colonies of gannets, petrels, razorbills and guillemots which nest there.
- In the event of less favourable conditions, we will stay in the sheltered waters of Ålesund. There are also many birds here and, with a bit of luck, we may even get to catch a glimpse of an eagle ray.
- Our guide will help us to spot some interesting examples of the local fauna and will take us near a rock where we can watch the seals basking in the sun.
What you need to know
- A maximum of 12 guests per departure is permitted.
- You must be physically fit to take part in this excursion and not suffer from back pain.
- In order to participate guests must be able to swim.
- If the ship is docked, there are approximately 300 metres to cover on foot from the dock to the RIB embarkation point. If the ship is docked, the tenders use the same dock as the RIBs.
- We recommend wearing flat shoes, preferably with a rubber sole as it is possible they will get wet.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- The excursion lasts approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes, including the demonstration of how to put on your life jacket.
- This excursion will be conducted in English.
- Participants must sign a release form.