Sightseen, Culture & local gems , Less than 1 hour walking, 50
Discover Oslo, the capital of Norway, a gem set among the wood-covered hills and fjord waters dotted with numerous islands. We will be captivated by its monuments and numerous sights.
- Viking Ship Museum
- Royal Palace
- Oslo city centre
- Holmenkollen hills
- Holmenkollen Ski Jump
- Our tour starts from the jetty towards the Viking Ship Museum. The three ships on display date back to the 9th century and are in excellent condition. They represent an excellent example of Viking innovation and skill. The ships were used for long journeys and to bury chiefs. A collection of domestic utensils found during the excavations is also on display.
- During our tour, we will pass by many of the main sights of the city, including the Royal Palace, known as Det kongelige Scott, built in the 19th century by King Charles III and has 173 rooms.
- We will stop in the centre to walk around, discover what the city has to offer and maybe do a little shopping.
- Our next stop is the Holmenkollen hills, offering breathtaking views of the capital.
- This is the location of the Holmenkollen Ski Jump, an unmissable modern structure created following the complete restoration of the Holmenkollen National Ski Arena for the 2011 World Championships.
- After a buffet lunch, we will reach the Vigeland park for a guided walking tour. The park covers 32 hectares and there are over 200 sculptures created by sculptor Gustav Vigeland, who also designed the park. The artist never explained his work, so visitors can interpret them as they please. It will be interesting and fascinating to discover this world of stone, iron and bronze human beings. Among the most famous sculptures, there is the 17 metre-high Monolith at the centre of this beautiful park.
Good to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.