MYVATN, NATURAL BATHS WITH A VIEW
Relax, Designed for families, Active & adventurous, Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly
In a nutshell
Good to know
A relaxing excursion in the most exclusive Spa in Iceland - from Myvatn's Natural Baths to the Godafoss, the Waterfall of the gods
- Lake Myvatn National Park, Natural Baths
- Godafoss, the Waterfall of the gods
- The excursion will start with a visit to one of the most extraordinary and exclusive destinations in Europe - lake Myvatn. It covers over 37 sq km and is considered one of the World's natural beauties.
- The scenery that surrounds the lake has been sculpted by the numerous volcanic eruptions and earthquakes, which over the centuries have moulded an incredible series of formations, craters, caves, sulphurous mountains and swamps covered in greenery and populated by many birds.
- We cannot fail to be enchanted by the unique Lake Myvatn National Park, which we will admire directly from the most modern Spa in Iceland - the Myvatn Natural Baths opened in 2004.
- The structure is very elegant and provides visitors with the chance to relax in a natural environment while submerged in blue waters and surrounded by the steam pouring out from a deep crack in the Earth's surface.
- The soothing warm geothermal waters of the Natural Baths contain an exclusive combination of minerals, silicates and micro-organisms beneficial for the body and mind and having a wonderful relaxing effect that will leave us with a feeling of extreme well-being - the perfect testimony to our trip to Europe's end.
- On our way back to Akureyri, we will stop by at Godafoss, the "Waterfall of the gods".
- The name derives from a legend according to which, around the year 1000, chief Thorgeir had to decide which cult was to become the official religion of his nation. He chose Christianity with a public announcement and a demonstration that included the disposal of the idols.
- According to other sources, this was considered the Waterfall of the Gods even by previous populations, who thought it was sacred because its three main drops represented the Sacred Triad - Odin, Thor and Freyr.
Good to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- Guests are requested to take a shower before entering the spa (in compliance with local customs). There are separate changing rooms and showers for men and women.