PANORAMIC VIEW OF REYKJAVIK
Sightseen, Designed for families, Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly
In a nutshell Discover Reykjavic, the most northern capital in the world. Find out how the country's great natural riches marry with a modern city and discover Iceland's history and traditions.
Good to know
- Laugardalur sports and leisure district
- View over Reykjavik from the top of Perlan Museum
- Hallgrimskirkja and Lake Tjornin, two of the city's most characteristic sites
- Photo stop at the Old Port
- Leaving the port we head to Laugardalur otherwise known as the 'hot water valley', passing through the capital's centre for sports and recreation with an open-air Olympic swimming pool famous for its geothermal waters, open all year round. It is a fine example of the infinite availability of naturally hot water that Iceland enjoys.
- We then cross the river Elliðaár, one of the most famous rivers in the world for salmon fishing, which runs through the capital.
- It's now time to stop at the Pearl Vantage Point, to have a wonderful view over the city.
- Next we head for the old district of Reykjavik with its narrow streets and colourful wooden houses and pass the city's lake Tjornin, teeming with birds, and the university complex.
- We then move on to the old port area to take photographs, finally returning to our port along the coastal road, where we can admire the famous Hofdi residence where the famous summit took place between Regan and Gorbachev in 1986.
Good to know
- Places on this excursion are limited.