DUBROVNIK AND LOKRUM: POLISHED STONES AND SALTWATER LAKES
Your guide will help you discover the heart of the old town. You'll walk down the Stradun, the city's main street and then amble through the lush vegetation of the island of Lokrum where you'll also discover a small 'dead sea'.
- Dubrovnik's old town
- Island of Lokrum
- Discover Dubrovnik accompanied by our guide along the spectacular Stradun, one of the most picturesque pedestrian streets in Europe. Beautiful, elegant and with a hushed atmosphere, it is 300 meters long and paved with polished white limestone. With its elegant buildings, stores, restaurants and cafés, it is the heart of the city.
- At the clock tower, you may see the “zelenci”, or “green twins”; cast in bronze they emerge on the hour to strike a 2-ton, 16th century bell.
- But now it's time to board a motor boat to reach the island of Lokrum, a paradise of Mediterranean and exotic vegetation, with pine trees, oak trees, cacti and palms.
- The island is famous for its Dead Sea, a small natural saltwater lake created over the years thanks to a dense system of underground caves that allows sea water to resurface almost perfectly in the center of the island.
- There are still the remains here of the Benedictine Monastery and Castle which were used as settings for several scenes in “Game of Thrones”. Fancy a swim? If so, there's a beach that's ready and waiting.
Good to know
- There are no beach loungers or umbrellas on the beach.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.