TOUR OF DUBROVNIK
Explore Dubrovnik, a pearl of the southern Adriatic coast with its rich historical landmarks and the interesting corners of its old town.
What we will see
- Old town
- Pile Gate
- Franciscan Monastery, Dominican Monastery
- Sponza Palace, Church of Saint Blaise (external visits)
What we will do
- Our excursion begins with a panoramic coach tour that takes us to the hill above the city, where we can enjoy a breathtaking view of the old town of Dubrovnik.
- We then return to the city, entering through Pile Gate, the oldest access point to the city, built in 1537. Above the port we see the statue of Saint Blaise, the city's patron saint. Pile Gate marks the beginning of the Stradun, the famous main street of the historic centre that goes all the way to the end of the old town.
- Here we begin our guided walking tour. First we visit the Franciscan Monastery, which also houses the oldest pharmacy in Europe, opened in 1317 and still in use today, and boasts a cloister that is one of the most majestic sites in the city.
- We then enter the Dominican Monastery to admire one of the most beautiful collections of Renaissance paintings.
- We then pause briefly in front of the Sponza Palace which holds the city's archives, notable for its columned porticoes and elaborate stone sculptures. We can also admire the exterior of the Church of Saint Blaise.
- At the end of our walk we will have some free time to further explore the most fascinating corners of the city.
What you need to know
- The excursion involves walking for about 2 hours, it is therefore recommended to wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- This tour is not recommended for guests who have mobility problems.
- Guests can return to the ship on the shuttle buses provided. Please check in the “Diario di bordo” program the timing of the last shuttle bus available.?