LONDON IN A DAY
Panorama, Culture, 3
In a nutshell
Good to know
This excursion concentrates the London experience into one day, ideal for those who are unfamiliar with the United Kingdom's vibrant capital.
- Buckingham Palace
- The Houses of Parliament
- Free time at Covent Garden, Westminster or Tower of London
- The Tower of London
- Tower Bridge
- We set off from the port of Dover by coach and head straight to the centre of London where we make our first stop in front of Buckingham Palace, the official residence of the British Monarchy, centre of royal affairs and setting for many official ceremonies. We pause outside the palace to immortalise the wonderful view in a photograph.
- We make our way towards Parliament Square, another ideal spot to take a few pictures. Here we are surrounded by some of the city's most iconic landmarks, including Westminster Abbey (where all the kings and queens of England were crowned) and the Palace of Westminster also known as the Houses of Parliament, seat of the two chambers of the Parliament of the United Kingdom.
- We then have a bite to eat and the chance to do a little shopping at Covent Garden or Westminster or Tower of London.
- The last stop of our tour is a photo stop in front of the celebrated Tower of London, the historic prison where various illustrious figures from history have been detained, and even executed, and the famous Tower Bridge, which links the two banks of the River Thames and dominates many a photo of the city.
- After this last stop, we head back to Dover by coach.
Good to know
- This tour includes a basket lunch prepared by our ship staff.
- The local currency is the Pound Sterling. Euros are not accepted.
- The return journey to Dover does not feature a tour guide.