ROME, THE GREAT BEAUTY
Green-pass required, Sightseen, Culture & local gems , MyExploration, Passepartour, Less than 1 hour walking
Traveling by bus and on foot, this tour will take us on a journey of discovery around one of the most beautiful cities in the world, where history and culture merge seamlessly together. GREEN PASS IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EXCURSION, PLEASE CARRY IT WITH YOU. IN CASE YOU DO NOT HAVE IT, YOU CAN OBTAIN IT ONBOARD.
- Castel Sant'Angelo and Via della Conciliazione
- St. Peter's Square, Bernini's colonnade and St. Peter's Basilica
- Trevi Fountain
- Colosseum, Circus Maximus and Pyramid of Caius Cestius
- Taking a touring around Rome is like walking through history. You'll see the Baths of Caracalla, St. John Lateran's Basilica, Santa Maria Maggiore, as well as the Vatican City with Bernini's colonnade and St. Peter's Basilica-
- The tour continues with Castel Sant'Angelo, built as a mausoleum and used over the centuries as a papal residence, court house, fortress, and prison.
- From here you'll walk to some of Rome's legendary sites: Piazza di Spagna with the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain, where, according to legend, if you turn your back and throw a coin into the fountain over your shoulder then you will one day return to Rome, the Pantheon, with its dome at the top of which a round opening allows natural light to stream in, Piazza Navona, the most beautiful baroque square in Rome, built on the site of the 'Stadium of Domitian'.
- In the afternoon, you'll continue the sightseeing tour by bus. You'll pass by the Colosseum, the Circus Maximus and the Pyramid of Caius Cestius, an Egyptian-style funeral monument erected in the 1st century BC.
Good to know
During the tour, a local guide will provide you with assistance and information.
The “No Barriers Tour” is a collaboration between the Costa Cruises Foundation and the Italian Multiple Sclerosis Association (AISM) to offer “slower” excursions with fewer obstructions.The “No Barriers Tour” version of this excursion is available exclusively on Costa Smeralda and Costa Firenze.
If you are a wheelchair user, the “No Barriers Tour” must be booked through your cruise contact.
This excursion is suitable if you have mild mobility impairment and can walk short distances unassisted. If you are a wheelchair user, the presence of a companion, not provided by the ship, is required. Most of our operators require wheelchairs to be foldable. However, in some ports there may not be adequate space to accommodate wheelchairs on the bus. Please therefore inform the on-board excursions office manager immediately after boarding to immediately reserve your seat on the bus before the tour begins.
Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
The bus journey from the port to Rome takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Wear suitable clothing for the places of worship you will be visiting.
Lunch is not included and can be paid for directly on site.