MYKONOS: COAST TO COAST IN A 4X4
Panorama, Nature, Fun, Tasting
The motors are already running: get ready for a bone-shaking ride in a 4x4 along the narrow roads of Mykonos, through the lesser known parts of the island, including the Marathi area and Agios Sostis bay Stop off in the village of Ano Mera for a food break with local snacks and a glass of ouzo. And finally, enjoy the Greek sea on the peaceful beach of Agrari.
- Houlakia Beach
- Marathi, Panormos Beach
- Agios Sostis Bay
- Village of Ano Mera with food tasting
- 12th century Monastery of Paleokastro
- Beaches of Kalafitis, Kalo Livadi, Halara and Agrari
- Wind in your hair and wheels at the ready for a tour that takes you in an open-topped 4x4 through the most photogenic landscapes on the island. The adventure starts in Houlakia, in a protected area, the only beach on the island to be covered in smooth multicoloured pebbles.
- Speeding along the winding roads in your 4x4 you'll reach Agios Sostis, a wild cove that looks out onto the wide bay of Panormos. You'll recognize it by its little white church with a red roof.
- By the time you reach Ano Mera, a village in the typical Cyclades style, you'll be an expert off-roader. You can stop off here to visit the village and try some meze, a selection of local appetizers to enjoy with a glass of ouzo, if you like aniseed.
- The 4-wheel drive will take you to Kalafitis beach, which is surrounded by trees. And then to Kalo Livadi, a beach in the countryside. Finally arriving in the luxuriant Halara area.
- The natural conclusion to this off-road tour is Agrari beach: this uncrowded spot is one of the most peaceful beaches on the island. your 4x4 will wait for you in the parking lot while you take a dip in the blue sea.
Good to know
- During the tour, a local guide will provide information in English.
- The 4x4s can accommodate 4 people, you may have to share the vehicle with other passengers.
- Strollers cannot be carried in the 4x4s.
- Before departure, all drivers must show a valid driver's license and sign a rental agreement that includes insurance.
- To be able to drive you must be at least 23 and have held a driver's license for at least 3 years.
- The 4x4s have manual (not automatic) transmission and may be opened and/or closed.
- Minimum age: 4 years
- The excursion is unsuitable for people with back problems or pregnant women.
- A shuttle bus is available for your return journey back to the ship.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.