SANTORINI 4X4 (Half Day)
Active & adventurous, Less than 1 hour walking, 52
In a nutshell An off-road 4X4 is a great way to explore Santorini and reach magical and unusual destinations by climbing the island's highest peak, visiting enchanting beaches and admiring uniquely beautiful landscapes.
Good to know
- Vlihada and Perissa beaches (panoramic tour)
- Snack of typical local products
- Profitis Ilias Mountain (photo stop)
- Kamari Beach, Exo Gonia, Monolithos Beach (panoramic tour)
- Fira (free time)
- After disembarking from the ship and transferring to the harbour at Athinios by motor boat, we will climb aboard our 4X4.
- We will pass the stunning Vlihada Beach before reaching the black sand Perissa Beach. We will then continue to the picturesque village of Megalochori, where we will walk along narrow alleyways lined with typical white blue-domed houses. We will take the opportunity to sample typical local products before setting off once again in our 4X4.
- We will leave the coast for the island's highest point: the top of Profitis Ilias Mountain (Prophet Elijah Mountain), where, at 567 metres above sea level, we will soak up the marvellous views of the Aegean and the entire island.
- We will go back down towards the coast and Kamari Beach, passing Exo Gonia.
- At Kamari, we will continue our route over the black sand to Monolithos Beach.
- Our exciting tour will finish in Fira, the island's capital, perched on the caldera at 250 metres above sea level. We will travel up by cable car to explore it on foot, along the town's alleyways, where every corner reveals a glimpse of a breath-takingly beautiful view.
Good to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. So please book early.
- This excursion does not include a guide but a local escort.
- Each 4x4 can carry 4 people, therefore you may have to share your 4x4 with other guests. We cannot garantee the same places on the same 4x4 for families.
- It is not possible to carry strollers inside the 4x4 .
- To drive you must have been in possession of a valid driving license for at least 3 years, be over the age of 23 and sign a rental agreement that includes insurance before starting off. For no EU guests an international license is required.
- The excursion is not recommended for pregnant women or guests with back problems.
- 4x4 may be soft-top or hard-top.
- Minimum age: 4 years old.
- The jeeps have a manual gearbox (not automatic).
- This tour ends in Thira town. Guests can return to the ship by tender service by the “all aboard” time indicated in the Diario di Bordo.
- Guests can reach the tender service station by cable car or by foot. The ticket for the cable car is included in the price of the excursion.
- In case of multiple presence of ships in port, guests can experience long waiting times at the cable car station.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.