OIA AND PERISSA: UP AND DOWN ON SANTORINI
Discovery & taste, Sightseen, Relax, MyExploration, Less than 1 hour walking, 50
Oia, the perfect synthesis of Santorini, a collection of little white houses and blue domes perched on a cliff top. When you reach the summit you'll be amazed by the view over the Folegandros and Sikinos islands and the caldera. Talking about volcanoes: the black sand beach at Perissa awaits. Focus on diving into the sea while we ensure your comfort and arrange a Greek-style lunch.
- Village of Oia
- Perissa volcanic beach with local lunch
- Fira, capital of Santorini
- Your adventure starts on board, when you're transported to Athinios harbor by launch boat, on the way to Oia.
- There are a few steps up and down, but this is, after all, the beauty of Oia. The village is typical of the Cyclades and perched on the edge of a very high cliff. Which is why the view here is so spectacular.
- You'll have free time to wander around the marble-paved alleys and perhaps have a drink at the Meteor Café, a real Santorini institution.
- After viewing the caldera from above, you'll experience another distinctive volcanic feature of Santorini with our guide: Perissa beach with its lava sand, where we'll provide you with beach loungers and umbrellas.
- Tradition is also about food. For lunch, you'll enjoy some typical dishes that have popularized Greek cooking around the world: dolmades, stuffed vine leaves, brizola sto fourno, baked pork chops, and Greek salad.
- Finally, a stroll through Fira, Santorini's wordly capital. Here too, there is a profusion of panoramic views. If you feel bound to take thousands of photos don't worry: it's absolutely normal.
Good to know
- We provide umbrellas and beach loungers for adults. Children will share their parents' beach lounger.
- To reach the tender station you can travel by cable car or on foot. The cable car fare is included in the excursion price.