FUERTEVENTURA IN A 4X4 VEHICLE
A 4x4 off-road vehicle is the perfect choice for exploring the island of Fuerteventura as it allows you to reach some marvellous and unusual locations: mysterious mountains, magical beaches and scenery that would not be out of place in the Sahara.
- Mount Tindaya
- Playa del Aguila
- The El Cotillo lagoons
- Saharan sand dunes of sand from the Sahara
- We head north from the port towards Tindaya, the area where Mount Tindaya is located.
- For the ancient inhabitants of Fuerteventura, Mount Tindaya was a sacred mountain, with magical powers. This belief is attested by the hundreds of priceless podomorphic petroglyphs, foot-shaped incisions that have been found in the area.
- After a short refreshment break, we set off northwards following a route that takes us to the beach called Playa del Aguila, also known as 'Las Escaleras' ('The Stairs'), because of the steep steps that lead down to the sand at the water's edge.
- Next we make our way to the lagoons of El Cotillo. This small fishing village boasts beautiful beaches of white sand and peaceful lagoons with blue and turquoise reflections, an ideal place for another stop.
- We take advantage of this dreamlike location for some free time to relax on the beach and, weather permitting, to take a refreshing dip in the crystal-clear waters.
- We resume our journey following the 'volcano road' that leads to some of the island's spectacular sand dunes: golden sand surrounded by turquoise waters, an inspiringly beautiful sight, for which Fuerteventura is justifiably famous.
- Naturally, we take advantage of the opportunity to take a few photographs of the stunning views offered by this mini-Sahara, before heading back to the port.
Good to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- You need to be physically fit to take part in this excursion.
- This excursion does not include the services of a guide.
- The driver will provide information in English or Spanish during the journey.