TOUR OF CASABLANCA, HASSAN II MOSQUE
In a nutshell A tour to explore the architectural, cultural and religious treasures of the tourist capital of Morocco, without forgetting the modern part of the city.
Good to know
- *Royal Palace
- * Law Courts * Habous
Mohammed V Square
- * Hassan II Mosque
- * Corniche
- * Anfa
- * Ain Diab
- * Our tour starts on the Boulevard de la Resistance and we soon
realise that Casablanca has little in common with Morocco's old imperial
cities; Casablanca is very cosmopolitan and 'western', and quite
different from the image portrayed by the cinematic myth. * We head for the
** Royal Palace** and the **Law Courts**, which we can admire from the
outside. In this part of the city we have the opportunity to see typical
crafts shops and the picturesque olive market. * We then venture into the **Habous
quarter** to admire the modern church of **Notre Dame de Lourdes** and cross
the **Mohammed V Square**.
- * At the next stop we visit the
magnificent**Hassan II Mosque**, the world's biggest mosque after the one in
- * We complete our Casablanca excursion with a spectacular panoramic
tour along the **Corniche**.
- * Along the way we can see the **Anfa**
residential quarter, named after the city that was destroyed by the
Portuguese in the 16th century and subsequently rebuilt by them with the name
of Casablanca. We take opportunity to visit the tourist destination of **Ain
Diab**, the most 'western looking' part of the city, with splendid
swimming pools hidden among the rocks and a high concentration of beach
clubs, restaurants, bars and night clubs.
- * Our excursion ends with a stop at
either one of the famous Berber pharmacies or a bazaar where the health
benefits of the Argan tree and Argan oil, a typical local product, will be
Good to know
- * During religious celebrations, we will only visit the
exterior of the mosque.
- * We ask that participants dress appropriately for
the religious locations visited.
- * For the visit to the mosque, bare
shoulders are not appropriate and legs should be covered down past the
- Notice: During the period of i the feast of Ramadan the excursion program may change ( some places may be visited only from the outside ).