CASABLANCA, HASSAN II MOSQUE AND RABAT
Sightseen, Culture & local gems, From 1 to 3 hours walking, 50
In a nutshell A tour of discovery of two modern cities that have not lost the characteristic atmosphere of Moroccan cities. Casablanca is the financial capital of Morocco and Rabat is the political capital and one of four imperial cities in the country.
Good to know
- Casablanca: Royal Palace and Mohamed V square. Hassan II Mosque
- Rabat: Royal Palace, Mechouar, Mausoleum of Mohammed V, Hassan Tower and the Kasbah of the Udayas
- Bazaar/Berber Pharmacy
- Our tour starts with a visit of Mohamed V square and proceeds along the Corniche towards the Royal
Palace and the Law Courts, that we can admire from outside.
- Next comes one of the most important stops of our tour: an internal visit of the new and famous Hassan II Mosque, a magnificent and breathtaking monument
then leave Casablanca and head for Rabat, where our panoramic tour
accompanies us to discover the architectural treasures of the city: we start
with the exterior of the Royal Palace, a splendid reproduction of the
finest examples of Islamic architecture, the surrounding Mechouar
quarter, the Mausoleum of Mohammed V, and the Hassan Tower, the
minaret of the old Hassan Mosque.
- We then go for lunch in a restaurant.
- After lunch we walk across the gardens of the Kasbah of the Udayas and
board the coach for our return journey to the ship.
- There is also a shopping stop in a bazaar or a Berber pharmacy.
Good to know
- During religious celebrations, we will only visit the exterior of the mosque.
- We ask that participants dress appropriately for the religious locations visited.
- For the visit to the mosque, bare shoulders are not appropriate and legs should be covered down past the knees. We will also be asked to remove our shoes.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- During religious celebrations or national festivities, we will only visit the exterior of the mausoleum of Mohammed V.