A BOAT TRIP AROUND THE BEAUTY SPOTS OF MONTENEGRO
Panorama, PasseparTour, Culture
An evocative boat trip to discover the main attractions of Montenegro, from the only fjord in the Mediterranean to the legendary and picturesque island of Our Lady of the Rocks and on to the charming towns of Perast and Kotor.
- Bay of Kotor
- Island of Our Lady of the Rocks: sanctuary
- Perast: St. Nicholas' Church, Maritime Museum
- Our boat trip starts from the only fjord in the Mediterranean, the Bay of Kotor, at the foot of mounts Lov_en and Orjen. It will be difficult to forget the magic encounter between the imposing rocky 1800 metre high mountains and the crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean.
- We then sail along the Gulf with its picturesque villages until we see two islands, St. George and 'Our Lady of the Rocks', where we will disembark. According to the legend, the island was built by the locals over the centuries using stones and parts of sunken ships around a small rock (krpjel).
- The island is also home to a picturesque Sanctuary of the Madonna of the Rocks, in which 68 magnificent paintings by Tripo Kokolja, are on display. Tripo Kokolja was a 17th-century artist who was born in Perast and is best known for his famous picture, the 'Death of the Virgin'.
- Our excursion then takes us to picturesque Perast, a quiet Baroque town with magnificent 17th and 18th century buildings: sixteen palaces and nineteen churches, two of which are Orthodox churches.
- We stroll surrounded by the peaceful atmosphere and admire the numerous sacred monuments such as the Church of St. Nicholas, built between the 15th and 17th centuries, and visit Maritime museum in Perast.
- After leaving this
evocative and welcoming town, we sail across the calm crystal clear waters of the
bay to Kotor.
Good to know
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.