A JOURNEY THROUGH GALILEE
Sightseen, Designed for families, Culture & local gems, My Explorations, Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly, 50
In a nutshell
Good to know
A journey to the most important Christian sites in Galilee
- Nazareth: Church of the Annunciation
- Sea of Galilee
- We will set off from the port of Haifa for Nazareth, where we will be able to visit the Church of the Annunciation, the largest church in the Middle East and one of the most important Christian sanctuaries in the world.
- According to Christian tradition, the church was built on the site of the house of the Virgin Mary, where the Archangel Gabriel is said to have appeared to Mary to announce that she would become the Mother of Jesus.
- After a moment of silence in prayer, we will set off again by coach for the Sea of Galilee, where we will have time to take photographs.
- We will then continue on to Tiberias, the only town that lies on the shores of the lake. We will make a very interesting stop at the town's museum, home to an ancient boat that dates back to the time of Jesus Christ.
- Our excursion then continues to Capernaum, a town known to the Christian tradition for being the place where Jesus began preaching. We will then visit Tabgha, a pleasant and peaceful place, where, according to tradition, three of the most important episodes in the New Testament took place: the Sermon on the Mount, the Miracle of the Loaves and Fishes and the Appearance of Jesus after the Resurrection.
- We will set off by coach from this evocative place to Yardenit, a town located on the banks of the River Jordan that plays host every day to pilgrims from all over the world who have come to see the place where Jesus was baptised. In this particular spot, the River Jordan offers captivating views, is lined with towering eucalyptus trees and teems with fish.
Good to know
- Clothing that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended (ladies are expected to wear a scarf covering shoulders and arms; neither ladies nor gents are allowed to wear shorts).
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- This tour is not recommended for guests
with mobility problems.
- It is recommended to wear