VISIT TO SPLIT
Culture & local gems , From 1 to 3 hours walking
In a nutshell
Good to know
A journey through time, walking between Roman walls, medieval residences and imposing fortifications in a city rich in history.
- Ivan Meštrović’s House
- Diocletian's Palace
- Cathedral of Saint Domnius
- Temple of Jupiter
- Golden Gate
- City market
- The excursion begins at what was once the home of the artist Ivan Meštrović, now a museum, allowing us to learn more about one of the most famous Croatian sculptors of all time and admire some of his works.
- We head on foot to the magnificent Palace of the Roman emperor Diocletian, built in the ancient part of the city in the 4th century BC on the request of the emperor himself, who withdrew there following his abdication. We'll visit the building's cellars where, thanks to their perfect state of conservation, we will learn about life in the palace and all the customs of the time.
- We continue towards the Cathedral of Saint Domnius, the city's patron saint, built on the remains of one of the oldest shrines in the world, Diocletian's mausoleum.
- Finally, the visit takes us to the Temple of Jupiter and a few of the main monuments in Split, including the Golden Gate.
Good to know
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to safeguard your health and comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- In the event of religious celebrations, the visit of the Cathedral will be an external view only.