THE ACROPOLIS AND ITS MUSEUM
Sightseen, Culture & local gems, Less than 1 hour walking
A discovery trail dedicated to the Acropolis, including a visit to the ancient temples of the Athens citadel and the original archaeological finds kept by the New Acropolis Museum. The most important symbol of classical Greek civilization and a design museum full of historical finds are waiting to amaze you, ending with a stop in the city center.
- New Acropolis Museum
- Sightseeing tour of Athens: University, National Library, National Academy, Hadrian's Arch, Constitution Square, tomb of the unknown soldier, Parliament.
- Your guided tour of the archaeological heritage of Athens starts at the Acropolis, the most important ancient complex in the western world.
- Walk through the fortified citadel and the temples erected to honor Athena, the city's patron and goddess of wisdom, art and war. Known as the Parthenon, the temple of Athena Parthenos from 438 BC is dedicated to this goddess, who, according to legend, was born from the head of Zeus.
- But there are more treasures to see: visit the New Acropolis Museum to get a close look at the original sculptures that decorated the architecture of the Acropolis, all of them priceless.
- Traveling through time, follow the chronological path that leads from the archaeological digs on the ground floor to the finds from the Archaic and Roman period on the first floor, ending up in the Parthenon gallery on the top floor. This area is shifted by 23 degrees from the lower portion to reflect the position of the temple on the rock of the Acropolis.
- Complete the visit with a sightseeing tour of the monument in the city center: the University, the National Library, Hadrian's Arch, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the Parliament and many more. You'll feel like a true Athenian.
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.