4x4 PANORAMIC TOUR OF SANTORINI
Discovery & taste, Sightseen, Active & adventurous, Less than 1 hour walking, 52
Imagine the vibrations of the off-road vehicle as the four-wheel drive climbs the Profitis Ilias mountain, the highest point on the island. The view here is worth at least one Instagram post. But it won't be the only one: the beaches at Monolithos, Perissa and Vlychada will use up all the phone charge you've got. The tour also includes a Greek food tasting session.
- Vlychada, lunar beach, and Perissa, lava beach: photo pit stops
- Local food tasting in Megalochori
- Profitis Ilias mountain, the highest on Santorini
- Kamari Beach, Exo Gonia and Monolithos: photo pit stops
- Fira, the island's capital
- Our launch will whizz you from alongside the ship to Athinios harbor.
- Here buckle up for a trip through the landscapes of Santorini You'll start at Vlychada, a “lunar beach” with white cliffs and gray sand. Then move on to Perissa, a black lava sand beach.
- The 4x4 exploration continues with our guide on the winding roads leading to Megalochori. After parking the vehicle, you'll visit this traditional village with vaulted houses and narrow stone alleys. Here you'll also have a chance to taste octopus in vinegar and other Greek specialties.
- Then it's engines at full throttle to climb Profitis Ilias, the highest mountain on the island. We are 556 meters above sea level. It's hard to describe the view: let your eyes be the judge. And those of the friends who will look at your holiday posts with envy.
- The panoramic 4x4 tour continues through Exo Gonia, a small village of white houses, towards Kamari, another volcanic beach. Next stop? Monolithos beach, with its graphite colored sand.
- There are more landscapes to come: in Fira you can leave the car to walk along the village streets. Every few steps, the island's capital offers views of the caldera that it's a shame not to photograph. Finally, before you bid farewell to Santorini, you can experience a final panoramic thrill with a trip in a cable car. The fare is on us.
Good to know
- During the tour, our guide will provide information in English.
- The 4x4s can accommodate 4 people, you may have to share the vehicle with other passengers.
- Strollers cannot be carried in the 4x4s.
- Before departure, all drivers must show a valid driver's license and sign a rental agreement that includes insurance.
- You need to be at least 23 and have held a driver's license for at least 3 years to drive.
- The 4x4s have manual (not automatic) transmission
- Minimum age: 4 years
- The excursion is unsuitable for people with back problems or pregnant women.
- The itinerary follows panoramic surfaced roads.
- To reach the tender station you can travel by cable car or on foot. The cable car fare is included in the excursion price.