OIA AND FIRA, WHITE SANTORINI
Panorama, PasseparTour, Shopping
Perched on volcanic cliffs, the village of Oia will welcome you with its traditional white houses, narrow alleys, terraces bursting with brightly colored flowers and long-established shops. The morning will end with a view of picturesque Fira, the island's capital, where everything is white and blue. And if you like you can get back to the harbor by cable car. The fare is on us.
- The caldera
- Village of Oia
- Along the way, you'll be struck by the evocative landscapes of the caldera, the volcanic crater now swallowed up by the sea, surrounded by the Santorini island group that includes Therasia and Aspronisi on the outer edges and the Kameni islands in the center.
- Oia is iconic with its up and down marble-paved alleys and typical white houses with blue domed roofs that are characteristic of the whole island. There are many panoramic and photo-worthy views of the nearby islands of Folegandros and Sikinos and the now spent volcano.
- Whether you choose a jewel with colors that mirror the sea or one made with lava stone, or if you prefer a handcrafted ceramic or picture, you'll be spoilt for choice among these craft shops. You'll definitely find an original gift before reaching Fira, the island's capital, with its narrow streets lined with typical houses.
- And if you're up for a bit of excitement, you can glide back down to the harbor by cable car. The fare is on us.
Good to know
- To reach the tender station you can travel by cable car or on foot. The cable car fare is included in the excursion price.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.