FASCINATING TOUR OF RHODES
In a nutshell
Good to know
A tour to discover the city of Rhodes, which will charm us with its aura of nobility and its Medieval atmosphere.
- Mount Smith
- City of Rhodes, Palace of the Grand Master, Knights Road
- The first stop on our tour is Mount Smith, which we will reach by coach to admire the ruins of the temple of Apollo and enjoy the amazing panoramic view of Rhodes and the surrounding scenery.
- We will then head back to the city and cross the D'Amboise Gate to reach the highest point of the Medieval city with its sumptuous interiors and a courtyard decorated with Roman statues. The Palace was built in the 15th century, but was destroyed by an explosion in 1856. It was rebuilt by the Italians to host Mussolini and Victor Emmanuel III. The palace is decorated with fantastic mosaics dating back to Roman times and originating from the other islands of the archipelago.
- Afterwards, we will walk along the narrow, steep and cobbled Knights Road, which still exudes an aura of nobility to this day. We will see the many "Inns of the Knights of Seven Languages", elegant Gothic buildings where the Knights of the Order of St. John and the pilgrims headed to Jerusalem could stay according to their country of origin. We will admire the Gothic decorations, arched windows, terrace roofs and flat honey-coloured façades.
Good to know
- This excursion is available both for guests in transit and guests disembarking in the Port of Rhodes.