ANCIENT RHODES AND THE VALLEY OF THE BUTTERFLIES
In a nutshell Let yourself be captured by the enchanting atmosphere of a unique park populated by millions of butterflies surrounded by lush greenery and discover the beautiful city of Rhodes, a melting pot of art and history.
Good to know
- Valley of the butterflies
- City of Rhodes, Acropolis, D'Amboise Gate, Knights Road
- From the city of Rhodes, we will reach an enchanting park on the western coast of the island - a Valley of the Butterflies. As we walk along the paths, we can observe the wonderful creatures that migrate to this valley with the sole purpose of mating, as the area offers the ideal habitat. It is the females who take care of the eggs, thus guaranteeing the survival of the species on the island.
- The lakes, a small waterfall and a wooden staircase will accompany us throughout the valley - from the lower area, where we will enter, to the higher, with the greater concentration of butterflies waiting for the cooler temperature of the night to start mating.
- After a few hours surrounded by unspoilt nature, we will head back to Rhodes to visit the remains of its old Acropolis. The coach will leave us near one of the entrances of the old city, the D'Amboise Gate, which was once used to communicate with the villages located along the western coast. We will discover the marvels of the city on foot along the Knights Road, passing Medieval buildings, towers, garrisons and gates that were built in the 15th century by the Knights of the Order of Saint John.
- We will then enjoy some free time to wander around the bazaars and shops.
Good to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.