THE ENCHANTING PALACE OF KNOSSOS AND HERAKLION CITY CENTRE
In a nutshell
Good to know
An unforgettable trip to discover the melting pot of art and history that is the island of Crete, which will amaze us with the remains of Knossos and the historic and architectonic wonders of Heraklion.
- Palace of Knossos
- Crete is not only the largest of Greece's islands, it is also a treasure chest of history, art and culture. Our excursion can therefore only begin at the extraordinary Knossos excavations.
- Situated on the top of a hill, from which we enjoy a breathtaking view of the place where the city once stood, the palace is an important testament to a civilization that dates back to 3000 BC. Brought to light thanks to excavations by Sir Arthur Evans, the palace is one of Greece's most important archaeological sites. We will visit the throne room, the storerooms, the central court and the imposing stairway, reliving the myth of Minos. It is believed that the palace is linked to the myth of the labyrinth and the Minotaur due to the number of rooms it possessed (probably more than 1000 originally).
- On our return trip, we will stop at Heraklion, the main town of the region of the same name and a cultural and economic centre, enriched with ancient palaces, connecting squares and architectonic works dating back to the Venetian and Ottoman dominations.
Good to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. So please reserve early.
- We suggest wearing comfortable shoes and clothing.
- This tour is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- The excursion is available to both those guests in transit and guests who are disembarking at the port of Heraklion.
- For those of you who are leaving the ship at Heraklion, please ensure that your flight leaves after 14:20.
- In order to guarantee the health of our guests, in compliance with the regulations and the respect of the safety protocol, the itineraries and the duration of the excursions may be subject to changes, even if not substantial.