DISCOVERING KRITSÀ AND AGIOS NIKOLAOS
Sightseen, My Explorations, Less than 1 hour walking
From Kritsà, a characteristic village nestled in untouched countryside, to the town of Agios Nikolaos, a lively, and popular destination for tourists that has not forgotten its origins and traditions.
- Kritsà and Panagia Kera church
- Agios Nikolaos
- The first stop on our tour takes us to Kritsà, a characteristic hilltop village that has kept its traditions alive. Here we visit the rural church of Panagia Kera, which dates back to the 13th century and is famous for its rural paintings - still in excellent condition - including the Last Judgement, which depicts the joys of Paradise and the suffering of souls condemned to Hell. Among the scenes we also recognise Saint Francis of Assisi, unusually depicted among the saints of the Greek Orthodox calendar.
- We return to the coach and soon find ourselves in Agios Nikolaos, a wonderful coastal tourist town. Here we can enjoy a walk along the seafront, flanked by charming craft shops and typical open-air bars.
Good to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. So please reserve early.
- This tour is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Clothing that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- This excursion is reserved for guests who are not leaving the ship at Heraklion.
- In order to guarantee the health of our guests, in compliance with the regulations and the respect of the safety protocol, the itineraries and the duration of the excursions may be subject to changes, even if not substantial.?