EASY TOUR OF CORFU ISLAND
Panorama, PasseparTour, Shopping
Between legend and reality in this short panoramic tour, the island of Corfu will amaze us with its magnificent coasts, evocative scenery, characteristic villages and the historic centre of its capital, enhanced by elegant residences that retain a Venetian flavour.
What we will see
- Kanoni, Mouse Island, Vlacherna Monastery (panoramic tour)
- Garitsa Bay
- City of Corfu: historic centre, Old Fortress, Durrell Gardens, Spianada Square, City Hall, Church of St. Spyridon
- Tasting session at a typical distillery
What we will do
- We begin our excursion with a panoramic coach tour through the island of Kanoni, where we can admire Pontikonissi, or Mouse Island: according to the legend, the island was formed when the Phoenicians' ship was turned into stone by Poseidon, after having brought Odysseus home to Ithaca. We are then enchanted by the evocative monastery of Vlacherna, connected to the mainland by a small bridge. We cannot miss the opportunity to take magnificent photographs of the spectacular views.
- We then continue our panoramic tour towards the green Garitsa bay, before arriving at the city of Corfu with its rich history and undeniable charm. We walk through the city's narrow streets, which boast elegant buildings with diverse architectural styles that bear witness to the various foreign influences that have left their mark over the centuries. On this Greek island, with its wealth of buildings and squares dating back to Venetian times, we are surrounded by reminders of the Italian city. We are enchanted by the Old Fortress that dominates the port and the city, the magnificent Durrell gardens, the Spianada where cricket is still played, the City Hall and the Church of St. Spyridon, the island's patron saint.
- After using our time to conclude with a tasting session at a typical distillery near the city.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.?
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- It is not allowed to take pictures/videos and guiding in St. Spyridon church.
- In order to guarantee the health of our guests, in compliance with the regulations and the respect of the safety protocol, the itineraries and the duration of the excursions may be subject to changes, even if not substantial.