INLAND CORFU IN A 4x4
Panorama, Nature, Green-pass required, 1
Do you like adventure? Then this is the tour for you. You're in the driving seat so take the 4x4 on your own discovery tour around the island. While the suspension works to the max, you'll discover unknown villages. One thing you'll really get to know well is Greek food and feta cheese.
- Sightseeing tour of Alykes, Kontokali, Gouvia, Sokraki, Troumbetta
- Villages of Alimataed, Vistonas and Makrades
- Lakones with food tasting at the Castellino restaurant
- Paleokastritsa Bay
- We're off on a 4x4 trip towards the northern coast of the island. This is what you'll experience: a cool breeze on your face, the smell of the countryside, contact with nature and the bumpy ground under your tires as you climb the slopes in low gear.
- You'll go through many lesser known but characteristic places, which often reward you with unexpected bonuses, like the view of the Adriatic and the Ionian Sea from the summit of Mount Korakio or Sokraki, one of the oldest villages on the island, surrounded by pine trees and olive groves, which you'll reach along a scenic and winding road.
- From the typical village of Troumbetta, the view stretches to the Mathraki and Othoni islands.
- Driving makes you hungry. Discover Greek meze with meatballs and feta, the local cheese, at the Castellino restaurant overlooking the village of Lakones.
- After lunch, it's worth heading to Paleokastritsas bay, where Ulysses is said to have met Nausicaa after the shipwreck.
Good to know
- During the tour, a local guide will provide information in English.
- The 4x4s can accommodate 4 people, you may have to share the vehicle with other passengers.
- Strollers cannot be carried in the 4x4s.
- Before departure, all drivers must show a valid driver's license and sign a rental agreement that includes insurance.
- To be able to drive you must be at least 23 and have held a driver's license for at least 3 years.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- Menus may vary according to the season to ensure the constant high quality of the dishes served.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.